Louie

Louie
Blogmaster

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lobster Louie Wins!

One of my favorite events here on the coast is Yappy Hour at the Ritz Carleton in Half Moon Bay.
They have the most amazing treats, plus chicken and beef waters. How often does a dog get fed by the Ritz chefs? Of course, since I'm on a diet, I didn't get dinner first.

Lots of dogs of all sizes bring their peeps, who are always raving about the view of the golf course and the sea. Sometimes we sit by the fire pit so they can enjoy the view. There is even a pet photographer, Lori Cheung, who takes great pictures of yours truly.

This last time, they had a costume contest. The theme was "crustacean," so Mom and Dad dragged out my lobster costume and insisted that I wear it. I only agreed because I knew I would get a lot of extra attention, and maybe even extra treats. But I did not expect to win, especially since the giant crab-beagle's costume was home-made. But I did win, in fact, we both won, crab beagle and I. The prize was dinner for two (humans, sigh) at the Ritz. Mom and Dad were thrilled, which made me happy.

Dad says maybe they'll order steak and bring me home a piece in a doggy bag. Promises, promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment